Sponsored by Larry Taaffe
This is a unique competition for a novice stalker or someone who wishes to upskill.
The prize will include a day on a cull in a deer park, which will encompass the following…
- A talk on Firearm and personal safety.
- A talk on the background of deer parks.
- The reasons for the requirements for culling in a deer park.
- Designing the cull plan.
- Assessment of the health condition and trophy assessment of the deer in the park.
- Identifying the reasons for culling specific deer. Reasons why cull animal selected and others not.
- Safety requirements with in the park, backstop, animals standing side by side etc. When not to shoot.
- Bullet placement.. Consequences of..
- The approach to the culled animal, conformation of culled animal death, safely.
- External examination of the culled animal…reasons why
- Knife safety before use..
- Bleeding if necessary..
- The gralloch, how to… internal organ identification, health assessment.
- Removal of feet and head.
- Further requirements to ensure zero cross-contamination.
To Enter: This competition is OPEN NOW until closing date of 16 September 2020. Day to be arranged late September/early October. Please describe in up to 200 words why you or your nominated novice would benefit from this and include details of their experience to date, experience with rifle shooting etc. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading Stalking Competition.